Board of Trustees
City of Saugatuck:
- Catherine Brockington, trustee
- Donna Carillo, trustee
City of the Village of Douglas:
- Steve Oakley, president
- Charles Mason, trustee
- Mark Chancey, treasurer
- Joyce Horath, secretary
Library Director: Ingrid Steen Boyer, ex-officio
- Board meetings are regularly scheduled for the 3rd Wednesday of every month at 7:00 pm at the Library.
- The public is welcome to attend Library Board meetings. There is time set aside at the beginning of each meeting for public comment.
- Special Meetings of the Library Board are posted at the Library subject to the Open Meetings Act.
About the Board
Library Trustees are appointed to the governing Library Board and the terms are four years. The board is authorized to:
• Adopt bylaws and rules for the board’s governance;
• Maintain control over the building and grounds of the library;
• Control the expenditure of all funds credited to the library fund;
• Appoint, supervise, evaluate, discipline or remove a director;
• Approve an annual library budget;
• Adopt policies, rules and regulations regarding use of the library.