Loan periods, holds, interlibrary loans, overdues/lost/damaged items.
- Most materials may be checked out for a period of three weeks. A book is renewable, unless on hold for another patron. Videos & magazines may be checked out for one week and renewed for an additional week, unless on hold for another patron. Preloaded eReaders (Nooks) check out for three weeks and are not renewable.
- Please renew your items before they become overdue to prevent charges to your account. Items may be renewed online, by telephone (269-857-8241), or in person.
- There is a limit of 5 DVDs/videos per library card for all patrons.
- Holds may be placed on items that are currently checked out.
- Materials will be held for 7 days for patrons.
- Patrons picking up items on hold must use the library card that the items are reserved under.
- Holds notices can be sent to your e-mail address upon your request.
Overdue, Lost, or Damaged Materials
- Saugatuck-Douglas District Library has a daily charge of $.15 per item, per day, for overdue materials, with a maximum overdue charge of $4.95 per item.
- There are no overdue fines for materials from our Children's or Young Adult collections. Children's material on loan from another library, will be charged according to that library's fee schedule.
- Overdue notices can be sent to your e-mail address upon your request.
- The full replacement cost will be charged for lost or damaged items.
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended for all accounts with a balance exceeding $10. Accounts with a balance exceeding $45 may be sent to a collection agency and will be charged an additional fee of $8.95.
- The library is not responsible for any equipment damage that may be caused by the use of library videos, audios, CDs, or DVDs.
Lakeland Library Cooperative & Interlibrary Loans
- Saugatuck-Douglas District Library card holders have borrowing privileges at the other member libraries of the Lakeland Library Cooperative. Limits and restrictions may apply, according to the circulation parameters of each individual library.
- Items checked out at another library must be returned to that library, with the exception of materials requested through Interlibrary loan.
- Interlibrary Loan requests may be placed through the online catalog. Items NOT available for Interlibrary Loan include all audiovisual material (DVDs, audiobooks, etc.) and New Books (6 months or newer).
- Titles not available from a Lakeland member library may be requested through MelCat, the statewide catalog.
- Overdue, lost or damaged charges on Interlibrary loan items are assessed according to the policies of the owning library.